Friday, August 21, 2009

Kim Cattrall - Born This Day


Kim Cattrall (whose full name is Kim Victoria Cattrall) was born on August 21, 1956, in Liverpool, England. Only three months later, her family moved to Vancouver, Canada. From an early age, it was obvious that Kim had what it took to be a star; when she was only 11, she was accepted to the prestigious Academy of Music and Dramatic Art in London.She returned to Canada at the age of 16, where she completed high school and soon after won a scholarship to New York's American Academy of Dramatic Arts. In 1975, Kim scored a role in preeminent director Otto Preminger's Rosebud. Kim returned to the theater in Canada, but soon after received a contract with Universal Studios for TV work. kim cattrall in porky'sHowever, it wasn't until the late '80s that Kim Cattrall became known to the entertainment world. She had roles in the definitive teen sex comedy, Porky's (1982), and other -- well perhaps "bad" isn't the word, but "differently" enjoyable -- '80s films like Police Academy (1984), Turk 182! (1985), John Carpenter's campy masterpiece, Big Trouble in Little China (1986), and Mannequin (1987) with Andrew McCarthy. She also landed roles in The Bonfire of the Vanities (1990) and the sixth Star Trek film, 1991's The Undiscovered Country. kim cattrall on sex and the cityBy the time the '90s hit, Kim's star had faded a bit, though she still found work in made-for-TV movies, a few obscure films and theater. By the late '90s, Kim once again found the limelight on HBO's smash hit, Sex and the City, as the sultry "cocktail tease," public relations exec Samantha Jones. She remained on the show for all six seasons, winning a Best Supporting Actress Golden Globe for her role in 2003.Her more recent movies -- 1999's Baby Geniuses, 2001's The Devil and Daniel Webster and 15 Minutes, and 2002's Crossroads with Britney Spears -- were mostly flops, but she isn't giving up. In 2005, she starred in Ice Princess and has more projects to come. If there's one thing her career has taught us, it's to never count Kim out. Kim hasn't been as successful at the altar; after a brief marriage to a Canadian writer, she wed German architect Andre Lyson in 1982, only to divorce in 1989. Next, she married executive Mark Levinson, from whom she is presently separated. Recent rumors have linked her to ex-Friends star David Schwimmer. In 2005, she also became the official spokesperson for Bacardi's low-calorie cocktails.
Kim Cattrall says masturbating from a young age is the secret to a successful sex life. The 'Sex and the City: The Movie' star - who has written books about her own sexual experiences - would have been more sexually fulfilled if she had learnt how to pleasure herself when she wasyounger. She said: "The earlier you learn to masturbate, the better your sex life will be. It took me years of self-discovery to get there - I even read books by sex therapists and stood naked in front of a mirror to try to learn how to get in touch with my body. "Experimenting at an early age would have provided me with a basis for a more fulfilling sexual relationship." Kim - who is dating chef Alan Wyse - also revealed she loves men who are "clean". She added to Britain's Cosmopolitan magazine: "One of the biggest limitations in sex is that most men don't know how to enable a woman to reach orgasm - and most women aren't confident enough to tell men what they need to do. That's why talking is so vital. "We're all different, and have different desires and tastes. My own preference, for example, is a clean-shaven man who smells fresh and clean. You can't be afraid to let go."

Kim Cattrall dieted and exercised to prepare for her nude scene in 'Sex and the City: The Movie'. The 51-year-old actress was very nervous about the raunchy sequence, and made sure she did everything she could to look her absolute best. She said: "I exercised and I dieted. I wanted to look the best I could. "For me, turning 50 is like when I turned 40. I thought, 'Oh, can I be a sex symbol? Can I play this character? Can I do this?' And I just sort of thought to myself, 'Yes I can.' I will diet, I will make my a** do what I want it to do." Kim - who is dating chef Alan Wyse - also revealed she has never been happier, both professionally and personally. She added: "I really feel that what is happening for me is that I am happy. I love the movie, things are going great, I'm back in New York - everything is very positive and I am feeling very happy, so that's it."

No comments:

Post a Comment