Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Over Heard At My Bar!
Pick up lines, chat up lines, whatever you call them, we’ve all heard at least a few. There are some that will invariably send women running for the hills, and others for which you can only hope the lucky girl is very, very drunk when you let them fly.
The bottom line is there is a very negative stigma surrounding these sleazy attempts at starting a conversation that will end in fornication. However, there are some lines that deserve mention and merit a list in such a fashion as we’ve created.
These are lines that are good enough to fool a women into thinking you are clever and creative enough to continue talking to you beyond a “yes” or “no” response. We do know that a solid intro is the first step in impressing your potential mate. Here are some of the finest one, two or ten-liners that you are sure to bring success at the bar.
1. How much does a polar bear weigh? Enough to break the ice. My name is _________.
2. Hi, can I buy you several drinks?
3. Inheriting 80 million bucks doesn’t mean much when you have a weak heart!
4. You might as well come home with me because I’m going to tell everyone you did anyway.
5. You look like my second wife, and I’ve only been married once.
6. Excuse me, I think you have something in your eye. Oh never mind, it’s just a sparkle.
7. Your place or mine? Tell you what? I’ll flip a coin. Head at my place, tail at yours.
8. My boys over there bet that I wouldn’t be able to start a conversation with the most beautiful girl in the room. Want to buy some drinks with their money?
9. Get your coat, you’ve pulled.
10. I can sense that you’re a terrific lover, and it intimidates me a little.