Saturday, July 24, 2010

Back From Shopping ...in My New Car...


Yum ... I had a perfect morning clothes shopping with a brief stop by Whole Foods on the way home.

I took the groceries and my other packages inside. I put away the groceries and I laid my new outfits out on the bed and then I waited anxiously for time to start supper. I had nothing else to do and it was still early afternoon.

Well, I thought that I had nothing else to do. It turned out that I had something to do after all. The doorbell rang at a little before three in the afternoon and when I opened the door, there was Mr. Kennedy! he's one of Quinn's silent partners in his restaurant businesses.

My legs immediately got weak, but I smiled and stepped aside to let him in. He put his arm around my shoulder and led me into the living room and said, "Nikkij, I must confess that I have been looking forward to this for a very long time. I could not possibly wait another moment. I was starting to fear that Quinn would say no to our offer. I assure you that I would have been very disappointed."

When we were in the living room he stepped back and looked at me, or I suppose leered at me is more appropriate. He managed to raise his gaze up to my eyes for just long enough to say, "That's a beautiful car that you picked out. You have excellent taste."

I smiled and thanked him. I asked him he would like something to drink and he declined. Instead he asked me if I would lead the way to my bedroom.

I said, "Right this way sir," and turned to go to the stairs...

No comments:

Post a Comment